Icon design for a browser-based app.
Icon design for a browser-based app.
The overriding requirement for this project was to honor the values of an international, professional audience. We deeply examined look and feel—with much debate about color—as well as overall user experience, based on feedback from a global network of job seekers, recruiters and potential partners.
I stepped in to development of H1Talent as a salable product about halfway through the cycle. Much had changed, but the team was mired in outdated documentation and needed a fresh perspective. I researched the industry and evaluated feedback from test users, then re-mapped the site and began developing user flows.
modelmayhem.com is a huge, high-traffic site, packed with user-generated content and a vocal, global membership. Its lightweight design has kept it accessible worldwide, setting a minimalist tone that helped us evolve the brand’s identity and bridge the gap between familiarity and new design trends.
The EDU section was a completely new feature, as well as a chance to begin setting the tone for a planned future overhaul of the entire site. I determined the architecture, the UI design and the page design, and also developed phased rollout pages in order to collect member preferences, UX insights, and to reinforce community.
I’ve done extensive UI/UX work for features throughout the ModelMayhem website, including an eCommerce section, the Modelmayhem Shop. Please contact me if you’d like more info.
This infographic was created for 3 Day Blinds, via the Nucleus Worldwide agency.
Permutable logo, designed to accommodate change while still holding to a strong visual identity. The dot in the “dot-com” acts as a central point around which the rest of the background artwork can change.
The website was drastically redesigned not only for appearance, but also:
This was a highly modular design to accommodate dynamic, database-delivered content. For the redesign, I studied the existing site, collected objectives from the business development team, documented its types of content and mapped its existing framework. From there, I created an improved website architecture, developed wireframes and UI strategies, and then the final visual design. I worked closely with the development team throughout the course of the project to ensure that my design, layouts and guidelines were practical and aligned with their workflow.
In 2014, a development client based in Northwest Arkansas needed to update their old website to reflect evolving plans. They were reaching out to the local community, cave enthusiasts and potential investors, and especially wanted to point visitors to press about the area, and about the historic cave.
In addition to bringing news feeds to the home page, I used bright colors to emphasize above-ground activities as well as guided access to the cave below. I set the tone by creating a header illustration that brings to mind a geological cutaway. I also added a border color that changes from page to page.
The site is responsive, with an added footer graphic that displays at widest browser views.
doityourself.com is a high traffic home improvement and home repair website, with revenue streams ranging from lead generation to targeted and traditional ad sales.
For the co-branded native ad product I developed for the site, the challenge was to deliver a modular system that was super efficient to implement while also being flexible enough to accommodate the drastically different types of content each brand had available.
I provided top-tier sales tools, led design end-to-end, worked with customers and internal teams to identify relevant content, closely monitored resulting metrics, and worked with the development team to continuously improve workflow and customer success.
As a result, the product we were initially selling for $6K per campaign quickly began earning $30-40K per campaign—about a 600% increase in revenue.
Advertisers essentially “took over” a section of the doityourself.com website which focused on articles and tips related to their unique ad campaign objectives. We gathered relevant content from their repositories as well as from our own massive library. As much as possible, we stuck to instructive or inspiring content.